The Monroe County Animal Shelter (MCAS) hereby gives its rights and interest, subject to the following terms and conditions, in and to the above described animal. Further, to comply with the following requirements:
1. I fully understand MCAS WILL NOT reimburse me for any care of the veterinary bills under any circumstances.
2. I agree to provide the animal with proper food, shelter, water, veterinary care and loving humane treatment at all times. If I do not abide by this provision, I agree to forfeit ownership of this animal. I further agree to comply with all applicable state and local statutes, laws, regulations and ordinances.
3. I agree not to abandon this animal. Should I find myself unable or unwilling to comply with this agreement or I no longer desire the animal, I must return it to MCAS, I cannot sell this animal for any reason.
4. By signing this agreement, I hereby declare I have not been convicted of any act of animal cruelty in any court of competent jurisdiction within the past ten (10) years.
5. I understand the MCAS makes no representation, warranty or guarantee as to the health, size or disposition of this animal because MCAS is uncertain of its background. I understand the animal had displayed no evidence of illness or health problems during its stay at MCAS except as disclosed on MCAS'S record. MCAS does inquire of known owners as to whether their animal bites, otherwise MCAS makes no representation, guarantee or warranty that animal does not bite.
6. I agree no claim, action, demand, suit in law or equity will be brought by me against Monroe County, its agents or officers by reason of this adoption and I hereby release Monroe County, its officers, its veterinarians, (including independent contractors) or agents from any and all actions, suits, claims and demands arising from this adoption and this agreement.
7. Liquidated Damages: I agree to pay MCAS the sum of $1,000.00 as liquidated damages in the event the terms of this agreement are wrongfully breached by me. This liquidated damages value is agreed for the purposes of establishing value, and does not bar MCAS from seeking return of the animal by a judicial process or other legal form.
8. Attorney fees and court cost: I agree to pay reasonable attorney fees and court cost in the event this matter requires the services of an attorney for the Monroe County to enforce the terms and conditions of this contract.
9.MCAS reserves the right to deny adoption of any animal to any person for just cause. I hereby certify the information given to MCAS is truthful and accurate. If I breach any of the terms and conditions of this agreement, I agree that MCAS may repossess this animal, assess liquidated damages set forth in this section 8 or both. I have read all of the above and agree to be legally bound to the terms and conditions stated. I have received an exact copy of this agreement.
Signature ____________________________________________ Date _________________